1988 my high school graduation year. I remember it like yesterday, see the younger students with 91 on their letter jackets. I always thought that was so far away. I couldn’t imagine graduating high school let alone getting to year 1991. Then there was the Prince song, 1999. That seemed so far off. I couldn’t even imagine what the year 2000 would look like.
2016 here we are. Not only did we pass 2000 but that milestone happened 16 years ago. I can’t help to think where did the time go? I think of when my parents turned 40 and I thought they where old then. Here I am typing this at age 47 in 3 more years I hit 50. Half century old, I am amazed.
What is great about this is I feel 25. I literally have as much energy as I did then, and so much more knowledge. I am wouldn’t want to be anywhere then at this age of 47. I think it is the perfect time to be this age. I get asked all the time how old I am, and people think I am in my thirties. Heck a month ago a young girl at the checkout carded me. That blew me away. I don’t care what she was thinking she made my day.
I love aging. I think it is part of life. So many people are fighting this idea of aging. They are doing everything to turn back father time. I gave that up a long time ago. My focus is to be at the top of my abilities. Peak performance in all areas of my life. That is what I am concerned about.
If you have listened to any of my teachings over the years I always say train for something, not the mirror. Then when you look in the mirror you may just shock yourself. But, if you train for the mirror you will never be satisfied. The first key to aging then is to stop worrying about it, and focus on being the best you can be. Then the aging takes care of itself.
Here are a few tips that will help you keep that youthful energy:
1. Have the right attitude — Focus on finding the positive in things. Remember what you focus on expands. Keep your focus on staying healthy. Keep your mind moving, stay mobile and flexible in all areas of life.
2. Take care of your health — This really is a no-brainer, but eat right, see your health care professionals, and supplement properly. It is really hared to maintain youthful energy when you don’t feel good.
3. Know what is happening in your body — I believe in blood tests. I do mine every 3-4 months. I want to know what is happening in my body. I also adjust my diet and supplementation based on what my blood is saying. I am very educated myself, but I also have amazing health care professionals that help me stay at a peak state.
4. Work to keep stress at a minimum — This can be very challenging. I know it today’s world we are moving faster then ever. Make sure you have a Sacred 6 plan in place and know the direction you are going. You may also want to incorporate some other areas to help with this, massage, acupuncture, aromatherapy just to name a few options.
5. Have fun — Life is short. Like my story of 1988 to 2016 above. Time flies. Enjoy the moment, focus on laughter and being a little more childlike. Life is meant to be lived, not saved. Stop saving it for a rainy day and put some energy out there.
Aging is a natural process. I get we all want to maintain our beauty and youthful energy, but life continues. The one thing we can’t make more of is time. Let’s focus on make this the best time of our life, by taking it day by day, and maybe even hour by hour.
Massive love to you,